Depending on how you purchase your ticket, baggage may or may not be included in the price of your ticket.
*Remember our lowest fares are only available online!
For bookings made on the hkexpress.com website:
- Fares do not include checked baggage.
- Guests may purchase baggage at the incremental weights listed when making a booking.
- Guests who do not pre-purchase baggage at time of booking, and require this service upon arrival at the airport, will be charged at a higher rate than those pre-booked the allowance online.
- Please see fees for more details
Other Booking Methods (Travel Agent / Call Centre / Airport / Interline)
For bookings not made on the hkexpress.com website:
- Baggage fees may differ depending upon your method purchase. Please confirm your baggage fees and inclusions with your reservation provider.
Excess Baggage Fee
Please note the following fees will be levied for any Guest who travels with baggage in excess of their entitlement. Please see fees for more details
- Please note that all fees levied are per total weight, regardless of number of bags.
- No single bag may weigh more than 32kg.
- All fees are per flight sector.
- For connecting flights involving another carrier, additional fees may be required by that carrier.
Checked Baggage Size
Each checked baggage must not exceed
Bags that are outside of these limits may incur an additional charge or may be required to be shipped by freight.
Overweight items - Items may be denied carriage if too large and unable to be repacked or split. The exceptions are mobility aids such as wheelchairs and medical aids that are accepted in addition to a guest’s baggage allowance.
It is always a good idea to keep personal items and valuables such as keys, medication or jewellery in your carry-on baggage.
Dangerous goods such as flammables,, strong chemicals or other hazardous items are not permitted in checked baggage under any circumstances.
These include, but are not limited to the following. If you have any questions, please contact the airport check-in staff:
- Inflammable substances such as petrol, cooking gas, matches, or sulfur.
- Corrosive or reactive substances such as acids, alkalis, peroxides, oxidizing materials, or explosives.
- Health-threatening substances such as poisons or other toxic substances, infectious agents, or radioactive materials.
- Other physically threatening substances such as dry ice or liquid nitrogen or strong magnets