Main Content

Travel Documents


All guests, including children and infants, must possess a valid travel document to fly on HK Express. Under some circumstances, you may also have to obtain a visa. As the documentation required varies by destination and citizenship, it is your responsibility to verify and obtain what you and all members of your party need prior to making a booking.


Please note that many countries require 3 to 6 months of passport validity at time of travel. It is your responsibility to check this requirement for all members of your party.


Please note that visa procedures and processing times vary greatly by country. In some cases, a visa approval may take weeks. It is your responsibility to ensure you have checked these details and have sufficient time and opportunity to meet all requirements prior to travel.
*Guests holding HKSAR, British National Overseas (BNO) or other selected country passports can now travel to Saipan without having to apply for a visa. For more details, please click here.

*Guests holding HKSAR or British National Overseas (BNO) passports traveling to Vietnam can now make use of our exclusive visa on arrival service for a fuss-free application with our signature low rates. Click here to apply.

Refusal of entry

It is your responsibility as a passenger to ensure you have all relevant documentation for your journey and to be allowed entry to the port of entry. If for whatever reason the port of entry deems your arrival to be suspicious or you are refused entry to the port of entry, the airline shall bear no responsibility for cost or repatriation regardless of the reason for the refusal of entry, and you will be responsible for all costs associated with your return to Hong Kong including any fines and repatriation costs. The airline will not provide you with a refund for your ticket, and may offset any unused sectors on your booking (as applicable) to offset any fines, penalties, losses, expenses or damage incurred by the airline as a result of the refusal of entry. You must reimburse the airline for any fines, penalties, losses, expenses or damage which the airline incurs as a result of the refusal of entry.

Note: for Guests traveling to Saipan
HK Express Airways has been approved by the US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) into the Guam & Saipan Visa Waiver Program (Guam-CNMI VWP) as well as the US Visa Waiver program.
However, please note that certain documentations will still be required to facilitate your travel in to the United States.
ESTA requirements
Under the US Customs & Border Protection (CBP), all eligible international travellers traveling to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program must enrol in the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
For Guests traveling to Saipan on the US Visa Waiver program, please note that enrolment in ESTA is mandatory. Please click here for more information.
For Guests traveling to Saipan on the Guam-CNMI VWP program, enrolment in ESTA is not required. Please click here for more information.

HKSAR passport holders

Hong Kong citizens with a HKSAR passport may refer to the table below for information on the visa requirements of your selected destination. For the full list of visa-exempted countries, please click here . The information below may only be used as a guideline and are only applicable when traveling for leisure purposes. 

Country Visa required? More information
Cambodia  Yes Click here
Japan No Click here
Mainland China No Click here
South Korea No Click here
Taiwan Yes Click here
Thailand No Click here
United States Territory No Click here
Vietnam Yes Click here

Check In

All necessary travel documents must be presented at check in. HK Express makes no allowance for missing, delayed or inaccurate documents and reserves the right to deny boarding without refund, rebooking or accommodation if travel documents do not meet the requirements for all guests traveling.

More Information

For more information please contact your government’s department or ministry responsible for international travel and the nearest embassy or consulate representing your destination.

Back to Top