1. Valid members of the Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (“Cathay”) Membership Programme (“Cathay Members”), as provided by Asia Miles Limited (“AML”), may use a mix of Mileage Credits in their accounts and cash payment when booking flight tickets with HK Express (“Miles Plus Cash”).
2. Use of Miles Plus Cash is subject to the Cathay Membership Terms and Conditions (“Asia Miles T&Cs”) and these terms and conditions (“UO T&Cs”) as amended by AML and HK Express respectively from time to time without prior notice. Capitalised terms used but not defined in these UO T&Cs take the meanings assigned to them in the Asia Miles T&Cs. To the extent that there is a conflict between the Asia Miles T&Cs and these UO T&Cs, these UO T&Cs shall prevail.
3. Miles Plus Cash may be used by any Cathay Members for any new flight bookings made on www.hkexpress.com but not through any other booking channels.
4. It is the responsibility of each Cathay Member to make sure his/her name entered during the booking flow match exactly with that on his/her travel documents.
5. Miles Plus Cash can be used for the purchase of any HK Express flight base fares and extras, including baggage fees, meals and advance seat reservation fees, but is not applicable for payment of applicable taxes, airport or government handling fees, fuel surcharges, security and any other fees charged by any authorised entity or any insurance fees.
6. During the booking flow, Cathay Members will be able to choose the amount of Mileage Credits and cash they would like to use to pay for the flight base fares and extras (if applicable) as long as a minimum of 2,000 Mileage Credits are used for each booking.
7. Cathay Members are required to settle the remaining cash balance by credit card (Amex, MasterCard, Visa or JCB only), but not via Alipay, WeChat Pay or UnionPay, during the booking flow.
8. The place of departure of a flight will automatically determine the currency used for that booking, for example, if the itinerary is Bangkok to Hong Kong, the default currency used for the booking will be Thai Baht (THB). If the payment is to be paid by a currency different from the default currency, the applicable exchange rate will be determined by HK Express’ booking system at the time of booking, which is to be borne by the Cathay Members.
9. Miles Plus Cash cannot be used in conjunction with other cash vouchers.
10. Flight tickets will only be issued upon the deduction of appropriate number of Mileage Credits from the Cathay Member’s account, along with valid and duly completed credit card payment.
11. Once flight tickets are issued, they are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
12. Any HK Express flight tickets are not eligible for earning Mileage Credits.
13. Any changes to any flight tickets issued, including but not limited to date / time / name change must be arranged with HK Express and are subject to the HK Express’ Fare Rules and discretion.
14. Fares for any HK Express’ flights shall be determined by HK Express from time to time in its sole discretion and the number of Mileage Credits required to redeem a HK Express’ flight ticket would change accordingly.
15. Use of any HK Express’ flight ticket is subject to HK Express’ Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
16. By registering or using a MyUO Account with HK Express during the booking flow to use Miles Plus Cash (if applicable), a Cathay Member will also be subject to HK Express’ MyUO Account Terms and Conditions.
17. Cathay Members and MyUO account members are responsible for the security of their accounts are reminded not to disclose their account information to any third parties. AML and HK Express assume no responsibility for any loss as a result.
18. HK Express reserves the right to suspend, amend or modify any of these UO T&Cs and this Miles Plus Cash programme at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
19. If this English version of these UO T&Cs does not conform to other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
20. In case of any dispute, the decision of AML and HK Express shall be final.